Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

Every year on Labor Day weekend I start a little pity party for myself because my family all gathers in Payson, Utah for their annual tradition of "Payson Onion Days". I hate to miss it every year but realize it is part of the deal of living 1500 miles away. So we created our own fun this year and I have to admit--we succeeded!!!

Friday Night we camped out in the back yard and roasted s'mores!!!









Only Aly and Tobe lasted in the tent all night. My bed was too tempting!!



Monday we went to Turkey Run State Park and hiked around. It was 1.7 miles of dirt, water, rocks, ladders, hills, and FUN!!! The kids (and the dog) did great. No complaints, no injuries, only 3 pairs of dirty, muddy school shoes--bummer!! But we had fun and that's all that matters:)







We wore Theo out. It took him all night to recover.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fun time!! We miss the fun at Onion days too. It looks like you all had a great time.

Alyssa said...

Looks like tons of fun! I didn't know about "Theo". You must have a dog! So cute. Glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend.

stalker sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Hooray for fun family weekends! :)

Dawn said...

Glad you still camped and got dirty!! That is tradition for Labor Day in our family - no matter where you are (Payson or Indiana) you must camp and be dirty! :-)

You are one of "those" that brings their dog... did you carry the baggy for Theo's messes or did you let Brett... Ugh... Pets - I love them and hate the all at the same time. ha ha ha

Looks like you had fun. (I love Aly's model face in the s'mores picture with you. Such a funny girl).

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Who needs onions when you can have S'MORES in the backyard??? :) Looks like you guys had a SUPER fun weekend. (I am still trying to figure out where I missed the Theo thing. When did you get him?)

The Miranda's said...

We were there on Monday too! I can't imagine how we missed you! We loved the hiking and horse riding!

amanda said...

that was fun too. theo was tired. so hi and good by.
jane your weirdest kid. well. goodest. ok. unusale kid.