Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Can Hear Her Now...

Two summers ago, our cousin Reid gave Tobe his extra pair of green crocs. I'm not sure how he got 2 pair but somehow he did and we benefitted from the mix up. Tobe LOVED these shoes. He wore them summer and winter, all the time for 2 years. His toes is hanging out the front and there is absolutely NO traction whatsoever. Our neighbors keep asking about the trashy shoes and even gave Tobe a new pair, to which Tobe thanked them and tossed them aside for the green crocs. So it is time for me to take matters into my own hands:

I can hear my mother now. She'd be so disappointed in me. And I'm sure I will get a few words from my sister (you know who you are:) but these shoes have got to go.

Do your kids have things they are attached to? We've got plenty:

Am I a bad mom??

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Remember when we looked all over for crocs last summer? Does he have a new pair to wear? Poor Tobey!!

amanda said...

Yes-but he won't wear them. I bought navy blue and I should have bought green. Hopefully now that the green ones are gone he'll become attached to the blue ones. We'll see!!

Debbie said...

Don't hate me, but there are a lot of green crocs on EBAY. Good luck.

Dawn said...

MEAN!! MEAN!! MEAN!!

When you arrive in Utah in June, you just might find a pair of green crocs in the closet waiting for you!!

I am sorry Tobey!!

jenn said...

I am on your side. Way to go Manda, the crocs needed to go. I guarantee he will find somehing else to attach himself to.

Becky, yep said...

nonono
of course he keeps his shoes. their his, his shoes, his decision. Go for Ebay!

Kami said...

I would have done the same thing, only worse...I'd put them in a bag to take to Savers so I could get my 20% off coupon so that I could buy someone else's junk.

At least you took a photo of them and blogged them. uh-oh...now you're really in trouble. ;)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I love that you took a picture of them in the trashcan. haha!

No, you are not mean. No traction and toes sticking out of the front - sounds like a safety hazard to me. :P A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

Logan and Ashley said...

I had no idea what giving those crocs to Tobe would do!! I am so happy that he loved them so much! Maybe he needs a new green pair from his cousin Reid... :)

amanda said...

no no your not a bad mom mommy.tell ashly and logen dont giv him a new par becas he will ware them and you will ceep on throing them a way