Monday, June 15, 2009

"Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime..."

...when there are no mountians around?

You camp out in the backyard!!!!



oops! Tobe knocked over the firepit.



For Father's Day this year (we'll be out of town so we celebrated early) we gave Brett a firepit. Jane wanted to have a campout so we put up the tent, started a fire, and roasted marshmallows. I'm not a huge fan of the mountains in the wintertime because I don't ski, snowboard; and I am not a winter person, but the summer?? Now that's a different story. I love to go on drives, hikes, and camps up the mountains. Well here in Indiana there are NO mountains so we had to get creative.
It was a good time and Jane and Brett lasted all through the night in the 2 man tent. It didn't even rain which is a miracle these days.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like FUN!!!

I am glad Tobe knocked over the pit before it was on fire... :(

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How fun! Fire pit and all. We will have to set up our dinner again when you are here.

jenn said...

That looks like soooo much fun. I am all about camping out in the back yard when you don't have mountains, or the Payson golf course. How come, Manda, Tobe, and Aly didn't last all night in the tent? Love the firepit!! See you soon, can't wait,

Debbie said...

Unlike Jenn, camping in any form = UGH!
It stems from all those girl's camps. Sorry.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I'm sure we'll be doing that at some point this summer. The kids are fascinated with the idea of sleeping in a tent. :)

Aly said...

Holy Cow, I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. Time sure does fly. Such a cute family. You all look great!

Alyssa said...

What fun parents you guys are. The kids are definitely going to remember that family event. Keep making memories with them - they will love it. Just got back from my Utah trip. It was fun seeing Dawn and their new house. Hope your own Utah trip this next week goes well and you enjoy your month long stay. Did I hear correctly from Dawn that you are driving? And without your hubby, too? Sheesh! Be safe. And drive carefully. I will miss your blogging.