Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Celebration of Life


Happy 60th Birthday Mom!!  

One year ago we went to dinner as a family to the Bohemian Grill.  It wasn't my mom's first choice but she hated being the one to choose.  She always wanted everyone else to be happy before herself.  

Aaron and Dawn brought their new car.  Adam and Stephanie made my mom a flower arrangement.  Brett couldn't make it to dinner.  Rob was late.  Ashley was stressed.  My food was icky and expensive.  My mom felt bad.

I sat at the other end of the table so I didn't really get to talk to my mom that much.  I didn't know it would be her last.  She wasn't sick.  She didn't have cancer.  Everything was normal.
I'd love to go back to that day.  I wouldn't change a thing.  

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

Your mom always did want everyone else to be happy. She still does. Enjoy the day remembering what a fabulous mother Kathy was to all of you. Happy Saturday. AH

Dawn said...

"I don't choose - I just pay"

She always put everyone else first.

Happy Birthday Mom!
We miss you and love you everyday.

We will miss you, Manda, today but we'll be thinking about you. Have a great day celebrating with Brett. Get a big Diet Coke with good ice and a lemon where ever you go. :)

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday, Kathy! My thoughts are with your family this day as you celebrate the life of your amazing mother. She was much too young, but I guess all we can do is be glad for the time we had with them. It's clear that she gave so much love and was loved dearly in return. Hugs to you all.

BradandMelanie said...

From that picture you look a lot like your mom. She is beautiful. I'm sure you miss her everyday.

The Brannon Family said...

Your mom was absolutely beautiful, both inside and out! Looking back, there are so many things we would do differently or change, just a little. However, I know your mom had no doubt that her family loved her!

Happy Birthday Kathy!

The Gatherum Family said...

What a great picture of your mom. I think birthdays, mothers day and death anniversaries are the worst days to go through. You are in my thoughts today. Hope you are doing well. Adrian

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love how you said that you wouldn't change a thing. I am thinking of you tonight and your sweet mom...my mom's best friend.

ps. I would love to know the dates of your Utah trips, so we could plan to get together. :)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

That is such a beautiful picture of your mom. I've been thinking about you today. We need to chat again soon. love ya!

John, Karalee and family said...

Won't it be nice when we are all back together again...., forever! :) Hang in there. Call me.

Lee said...

Seriously you are a wonderful legacy of your Mother.

Sarah said...

Your mother is beautiful. And I love the balloon, "message to heaven" tradition...what a neat idea for your kids to experience.