Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008


Santa was good to us this year.  We missed out on a few traditions but Brett was glad he didn't have to endure "christmas crap" another year.  This is a yummy sausage, egg, and bread casserole that has been a family favorite for years.  I love it but Brett doesn't.  So we had breakfast burritos and spent the day at the church with 6 other families who are also "away from home".  We had a great time. 
  
 

And did I mention it was beautiful and sunny here on Christmas day?  My family in Utah were getting dumped on while we were enjoying the sunshine.  That went on my list of reassuring reasons it was good to be in Indiana for the holidays.

2 comments:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

What a great idea to get together with those other families for Christmas dinner. Sounds like you guys are making some great friends.

Alyssa said...

I love Christmas Crap! It is awesome and yummy.

And what a great way to spend the holiday. Gatherings like this with friends at the Church will become great memories for you guys. Dawn and I loved the little get-togethers back in the PA days. We had good times and recall them fondly.