Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Have A Happy Thanksgiving!




I have spent most of the day finalizing plans to travel to Colorado for Thanksgiving. Brett is from there and his whole family lives there except him. Our minivan's transmission went out few weeks ago and still isn't fixed so my parents have agreed to let us take their Yukon. I am excited to go and a little nervous as I watch the weather faithfully to ensure a safe trip. But I have been thinking a lot about what I am grateful for this year and wanted to share a few things:

1. I am grateful for our house; a place to call home. Brett and I have moved 9 times in 5 years of marriage and I am so happy to be in a home. Not to mention I love my house.

2. I am grateful for my sweet, loving, and forgiving children.
Jane loves spending time with me. Even though she doesn't get much of my time she eats up what she gets.
Tobe is my peacemaker. He is so sweet and thoughtful. He is a boy of few words but has a heart of gold.
Aly has begun to be a little bit of a mommy's girl and I love it. She too doesn't get much of my time but I know she loves it when I hold her.

3. I am grateful for Brett.

4. I am grateful for the gospel. It makes my life happy.

5. I am grateful for my family. I love my sisters and I go to them all too often for support. I love my brothers and their sense of humor. I love my wonderful supportive parents who raised us all well.

6. I am grateful that I live in America.

7. I am grateful for the power of prayer because I use it every day as I struggle to be a mom.

I am very blessed!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Can't wait to see you guys! I am blessed to have you as part of my family, and I know that Brett is blessed to have you as his wife. Your children have the best mom ever!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Have a safe trip and a Happy Holiday! I love your list, it is a good one!

The Gatherum Family said...

You are so cute. Love your list-have a safe trip and a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Logan and Ashley said...

And you are grateful for great sisters' in law!! :0)