Monday, July 27, 2009

One Year



One year ago today I got a call at 5:22 am from my dad. He was crying and all he said was, "She's Gone!!" I knew the phone call was coming but the reality of it still gives me a pit in my stomach.
I raced over to say one last and final good-bye to my sweet mom. It was a surreal morning. The silence was eerie and the spirit that filled that house was gone. My mom was gone.

Somedays it feels like forever since I have talked to her. I used to talk to her everyday so 365 days of wanting to pick up the phone seems like forever.

I was so blessed to have such a great mom. I miss her everyday and cannot wait til we are reunited again. I know that day will come and hopefully with an explanation of why this all had to happen. I'm still holding out for that day.

Love you Mom!!!

7 comments:

Lyndee said...

Oh Amanda, I didn't know your mom but I know you and today just makes me cry for you. I talk to my mom every day and to think that I couldn't breaks my heart. I am so sorry. If you need anything PLEASE call.

Dawn said...

You said it perfectly.
I can only add...

Me too. I can't wait.

jenn said...

It seems like forever since I have talked to her, yet I still say "my mom just died", and still think everyone should be nice to me because I just lost my mom. It still feels so huge and so tragic. Will it ever get easier? There is such a void, a hole in my heart, that can never be filled. I miss her.

Lee said...

I can't imagine how hard that must be. ((hugs)) You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you are blessed with peace today.

Alyssa said...

Thinking of you...
You are lucky to have had the kind of relationship with your mother that you did. I know you miss her. I think she misses your daily talks, too. I know she reaches out to you in different ways now. I appreciate your comments and thoughts about her. She was a great woman. I have yet to lose someone really close to me. I cannot imagine the void you must feel. I am sorry. Very sorry.

Jenna said...

You are in my thoughts so much today. Thanks for your example of a great mother/daughter relationship. You make me want to be better. It was so good to talk to you. Sorry about the timing...love and miss you tons...

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

She was a great mom and a great friend to all of us. This last year has gone by so fast for me, but I wounder how it has been for you. Probably both fast and slow. Missing your mom and with all the change you have had slow too. I hope that you can have a little peace on this day.