Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm A Fun Mom

I try to keep telling myself that when there are days my kids don't get out of their jammies until noon and I am too busy doing household stuff than playing with them.

Yesterday Nedra invited us to "Touch a Truck". They had every truck, vehicle... you could think of. Unfortunately there were big lines to see each one so we only could get in a handful of them. But I think the kids really enjoyed it. I am always in for a free fun way of entertaining the kiddos.

the fire truck
Jane honking the horn in the garbage truck
the garbage truck
the mail truck
the golf cart
the police car

the police car

Because it was too cold to go to the splash park for playgroup, I had already promised the kids that I would take them to the Children's Museum. So after the trucks we stopped for lunch and then went to the Museum. Always a hit!!


7 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love the idea of "Touch a Truck". I am going to see if there is anything like that around here...if not, I might just have to organize it myself. Too fun. My kids would go crazy for that.You packed more than you should have into one day though. Did you survive? You are a fun mom for certain. Was it really too cold for a splash park? In the middle of the summer? We could have fried eggs on the sidewalk around here. Have a good day.

Dawn said...

Looks like fun!!!

I miss your kiddies!! Oh - I miss you too, but there is something addicting about your kids. :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You are a fun mom. Look at Jane's pretty long hair. lucky girl.

severts6 said...

Last year Greg and Avalyn's school, put on something similar to Touch a Truck. The kids loved it! You are a fun mom! And we have been doing the jammies 'til noon thing too! It's summer, we're allowed right? :)

Debbie said...

Whatever... about the pajamas. That's what summer is all about. In a few weeks, you will WISH you could keep them in jammies until noon.

amanda said...

mom i mis you

Becca said...

hey girlfriend! you're a great mom and your kids are getting way too grown up! sorry we couldn't get together when you were in town so your fun momness could rub off on me, but been thinking of you and hope you're doing well! love ya-talk to you soon!