I read my friend Leslie's blog every day and watch as she grieves the loss of her husband. My heart breaks for her every time I read her words. No one should have to go through losing a spouse so young. Today she posted the miracle of knowing him and the miracle of his life. She added the song "Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah McLachlan to her blog and as I listened to the words I reflected on my life and the ordinary miracles in my life. I have many:
1. Jane-She is so smart. She loves me and wants to be by me all the time. Sometimes I get frustrated with her because she's always "at my hip" but someday she won't be and I'll be sad. She's one of my 3 most wonderful miracles.
2. Tobe-Everything he learns is a miracle. He is so sweet and loving to everyone.
3. Aly-The last of my most wonderful miracles. I am so grateful that I can have children and care for them. I'm not the best mother but I love my children.
4. Brett-It's a miracle that we met, fell in love, and continue to work together to make life happy. He has such a strong testimony and I am so grateful for him in my life.
5. My Grandpa Ralph-I am so blessed to have known him, loved him, and was loved by him.
6. The sunrise-Each day is a miracle. It's one more day that I am alive. It's a second chance to be a better person.
7. Eugene-Meeting him was a miracle. His life and example is a blessing in my life. I will forever be a changed person having known him.
8. America-I am so grateful I live in America and that my husband isn't one that has to fight for our wonderful freedoms. I am so grateful for those who sacrifice their lives for me.
9. Christ-His life, His example, His death. It's my miracle that I know Him and am blessed everyday by His sacrifice.
These aren't ordinary miracles but they are things I sometimes take for granted. I am truly blessed and know that miracles are happening everyday.