Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Prophet's Day? I mean President's Day!


Jane came home from preschool on Friday to inform me that she learned about a new prophet and it "wasn't even Gordon B. Hinckley or Thomas S. Monson".  I thought that was a little weird that she was learning about prophets in preschool, but after all we do live in Utah.  I shrugged it off and went about our day.
That evening she remembered that the prophet was Abraham Lincoln and that he "freed the sleeves"!
Happy President's Day!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Lexi said the exact same thing! Then she told me all about Abraham Lincoln and I was very impressed with how much she knew! I then had to explain AGAIN the difference between a prophet and a president.

Anonymous said...

So funny that he freed the sleeves! I love the stuff they say.

Erica said...

You can't say that pre-school doesn't teach them anything!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

She is learning a lot in preschool.
Funny!

Becca said...

love it. who knew we had abe lincoln to thank for sleeveless shirts?