Monday, December 10, 2007

#6 (Brett) - The Melting Pot



Brett took me to the Melting Pot for our Anniversary. Mmmm..... It was so good. For those of you who haven't been there you start out with a cheese fondue with breads, chips, veggies, and apples to dip. Then they bring out a salad. Next is the entree of chicken, shrimp, lobster, steak, pork, and ravioli's to dip in a broth and cook yourself at the table. Last was the yummy chocolate fondue with caramel and peanut butter mixed in with cheesecake, strawberries, bananas, brownies, etc. to dip. It was so fun because you are in your own little booth secluded from the rest of the people there and you cook it all yourself.
Then my sweet sister-in-law Megan and brother Josh paid for us to stay at the Hilton downtown. They had heard that we weren't staying anywhere because we gave each other a transmission for our Anniversary so they put us up in a hotel and if that isn't nice enough, they even stayed with our 3 children. So nice!
I had such a good time. I loved the break from the kids as well as a night out alone with Brett. I always remember why I married him when we go out together. He makes me feel like a dating teenager all over again.
(Sorry no pictures. I took my camera but forgot to take any pictures)

7 comments:

Becky, yep said...

How thoughtful especially of Josh and his wife!!! Wow!, TR, if you're reading this...TAKE A HINT

Erica said...

Awesome- good job Brett! Plus you do have a great family. We really love the Melting Pot, infact we took my parents a couple of years ago and had a really great time.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Oooh, the melting pot, I love it. That is sweet of Megan and Josh, how thoughtful of them. :$

The Gatherum Family said...

Sounds like a great time. I am glad you guys had a good anniversary...:)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe you have been married for 6 years! Time flies! It was so good to see you the other night! I will be sending out info about the recipe party soon!

Logan and Ashley said...

That is okay that you didn't take any pictures, I don't think we would want to see them... I have not been to the Melting Pot, maybe I will ask Logan to take me there for our anniversary this year!!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun night. I look forward to those date nights. You have to have them to keep your sanity!